Friday, May 14, 2010

I've been thinking about Hot Topic a lot lately. Not sure why, but I am really missing everyone there. Today I was watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and the alterations lady made me think of Becky my accounts payable person. She is this little Romanian woman who could be grumpy. But I worked hard to get her to like me. I made it my goal to make her life easy. I won her over...in fact one time she was talking to me and another guy about her son and she was like "what he needs is a good woman" as she put her hands on my shoulders. It is all the little things like that that I have been thinking about...how we used to walk as a group to get coffee, like 5 of us at a time, for years. Then like the last year that I was there we were told that we had to stop, we could only go 2 at a time, instead of the whole department together. I guess it makes sense, I mean it could look pretty bad to go back to our department looking for someone and find that everyone is getting coffee at the same time. I really do want to go visit, but I feel weird about calling to see when would be good...I guess that I feel like I am in such a different world now. I am sure that if I did call they would love to have me come by, and they would love to see Seth. Maybe I will e-mail Jason...

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful season that was in your life. Though I never got over the surprise...delightful as it was...that you would choose to be, for a season, a business woman! I find, often, when the Holy Spirit places someone or somewhere on my heart...there is a reason. So I pray. But I do think it would be fun for you to let Jason see Seth...at least. I love the twists and turns Jesus used while he was forming you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday we need to write down some of the "words" that the blogsite makes us type in before it lets us show a post. Don't you think sometimes they remind you of ... oh, magic words to open secret doors? What about a story about these, or with these words????

    ReplyDelete
  3. no Mom, I think they are annoying. I understand the purpose, which is why I set them on the blog. But they bug me.

    ReplyDelete