Today was a good day. Slept in a bit...I have discovered that if I give Seth a cup a milk and a few toys when I bring him to my bed, he will let me sleep a little bit more. In fact sometimes he will lay down and sleep a bit more himself. Lovely...
Erica and Kristine came over for breakfast, but at like 10 so I time to clean up the house. It was fun to chat and laugh with them. Seth had fun cause they played with him...although anytime we told him that he had to play by himself he did not like it.
Sethy had a long nap so I could get some laundry done, and have some quiet time reading. I made London broil for dinner...it was fine not great. I had some flair-ups on the grill so one side got a bit charred. Also I just think I don't like the cut.
Now we are watching "So You Think You Can Dance"! I love this show. (Ok, so there is some good TV on this summer). We discovered it last year at the end of Season 5 (thank you Ryan and Stephanie). It was nice to stay home tonight.
Tomorrow we are going to San Diego for the weekend. I am looking forward to that it will be nice...busy I think, but nice.
so...I love Robin McKinley. Just thought I would mention that. Her book of short stories with Peter Dickinson : Fire -- Tales of Elemental Spirits. YUP! Her stories are particularly delightful. I do ( on the down side ) find myself thinking, as I read her, from time to time, "ahhhh! So this is what it is like when you can write" makes me a bit -- well -- shy to approach the keyboard.
ReplyDelete