So when I woke up this morning I was halfway thru my week(ish) without Dave...5 sleeps done, and 5 more to go...well I go to bed tonight more than halfway thru!!!! I only have 3 more sleeps...Dave will be home late Friday night (or really early Saturday whichever way you want to look at it). It seems that in making all the arrangements his Dad had gotten a bit mixed up on Days and times, and put a day and half in between them leaving the Lodge and flying to Anchorage...well they got it fixed today, which means that Dave is going to be early!!!!! I am so excited.
It was so good to talk to him tonight, he sounded so happy. I know he is having a great time, which is awesome. He has caught his limit already (which was lower than he thought it would be, but still means fish for us), and he has his "one that got away" story, and he has two more days to fish!!! So all is good.
In the meantime I will continue to keep busy and distracted. Today I went to Hot Topic to see the old gang. It was nice to see everyone and say hi; and it was weird that things were the same...yeah there was stuff that was new, and people that weren't there anymore, but the whole feel of the place was the same. Sometimes I wonder about what it would be like to go back...but never in the same way that I was there before...I think it is cause I miss the people. I really, really like so many of the people that I worked with there.
Tomorrow I am teaching at a bible study that Tanya is doing to some of the single ladies in the church. I will try to post my notes for those that would be interested (MOM).
Thursday I am going to take Sethy to see Toy Story 3. That will be his first in the theater movie. I am sure that he is going to LOVE it. He asked all the time to "watch a modie", and he loves "Woo-be" (Woody) and "Bee" (Buzz Lightyear)...get it bees say "BUZZZZZZ". It is so crazy to me how his mind works, and that I can figure out his connections.
I have loved having Erica here this week, it really has made all the difference in the world to not be alone, to have somebody to play with Seth, and to cook for. She is such a blessing to me, and while it may have taken us a long time to be friends, I am so thankful that we are friends. Cause she is awesome and insightful and beautiful and funny and smart and amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment