So first off, let me just say that UR was really good. From the first session to the last (and even Sunday's services even though they were not a part of UR technically) God was there. The worship was full of faith and expectancy. The words were timely, true and well delivered. The ministry right on, it was exactly what people needed.
Two things really stuck with me...one was from the first night. Mike Pilavachi (from Soul Survivor in England) spoke on Intersession. He said that intersession is Standing in the gap, it starts with identification which leads to agony and results in true spiritual authority. The whole thing was so good, but one of his like side points...Prophets do more than just hear the words of God, anyone can do that. Prophets feel and communicate God's heart. WOW...now that is something I know, but hearing it again was so powerful. And it was an answered question...I had been asking God about a couple of things about what needs to happen, what Dave and my role should be, etc...and it was as if God said "you can't do anything right now cause you don't have my heart yet, that has to be first".
The other thing that stuck with me was from the second night. Mike Erre (from Rock Harbor in Costa Mesa) spoke on "The already and the not yet". He did a fantastic job of showing from the Old Testament what the Jewish belief about the two ages was, and how they played into their response to Jesus, and what Jesus taught about the Kingdom of God. And then at the end of his talk, in 5 minuets while speaking about his son that has Downs Syndrome, he made everything that he had just taught real, and practical, and brought freedom and grace to struggle while reminding us to hope. SO SO SO SO good...so what I need to hear...so what so many people in that room needed to hear.
The rest of the sessions were also good...but those are the two that really were for me.
Let me tell you though, I am done...not quite as DONE as we were on Saturday night...cause we took half the day off yesterday. There was just no way that we could have done another "all day" day again yesterday. So we got up late, and Dave made French Toast. (I do have to brag about Seth really quickly...so Dave had to get a few things at the store before he could make Breakfast and he took Sethy with him. Well Sethy had been singing a balloon song, so Dave got him one. It was HUGE...and Sethy was so happy with it. Well he had not been home five minutes when he somehow hit the balloon on a corner and popped it. He did not cry...it actually took him a minute to realize that had happened, I watched in his face. He just pushed the last of the air out of the balloon, and then handed it to Dave and said "trash". OH MY WORD...Dave and I did not know what to do...it was the most amazing response...I wanted to cry and go get him another balloon) It was just nice to not rush.
And now it is Monday, and Dave leaves Thursday for Alaska...
Sounds like you should take a nap today :-) I'm glad that you made yourself go to the conference, and that God blessed it.
ReplyDeletethis post made my heart happy and light at the end of a long weary-ing day! THANK YOU!!! I will try to remember and follow Seth's example with all my popped balloons this week. heart!!!
ReplyDelete