Lucy adores her brother. She smiles when she see him, and she will watch him play. When he talks she listens.
Seth loves his sister, but there is a bit of jealousy mixed in there too. He wants to hold her, and play with her. He talks to her and tries to make her laugh. He often tries to copy how Dave and I relate to her...it is funny to watch him talk baby talk to her. But he also takes toys from her, and gets annoyed with her, especially if he wants my attention. He'll tell me to put her down, so that I can do whatever it is that he wants me to do.
Watching them relate, I understand so many of the things my mom used to say to my siblings and me. I remember her talking about how us fighting hurt her. I did not get it then, I get it now. Seth was being grumpy with Lucy about something...and she was just smiling at him, trying to love him, and I could have cried. So now I am telling him all the things that my mom used to tell us, about how brothers and sisters are special, and how she loves him just cause he is her brother, and how he needs to love her and be kind, even when he is frustrated.
I really love it when they are like the picture shows, happy and loving on each other. It is so special. It melts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment