Tuesday, April 3, 2012

David's breath

I love poetry.  I love how everything in a poem, structure, sounds, words, and images work together to create emotion and meaning. I have heard poetry described once as "safest sex there is", because you are putting your breath inside of someone else.  Poetry is the sharing of breath...I love that.

We know a lot about David's life.  He has 3+ books of the bible devoted to him or his family.  But we have something else that gives us insight into his life and heart, we have the Psalms.  More than just a narrative about what happened to him, we have his words and prayers, his poems about those situations.  We have his breath.


I hope to look at David's life thru the Psalms he wrote.  It may take awhile, as I have 3 (almost 4) year old and a 1 year old, and therefore not a lot of time or energy for writing down my thoughts...(it has taken more than a month for this post to go from idea to words on the screen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment