Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall!!!

I really can't wait for Fall.  It is my favorite season.  I know that compared to other places, we don't really have "seasons" here in SoCal; we have "Amazing", "Less than amazing cause it is TOO HOT", and "Less than amazing cause it is TOO COLD".  I am not complaining, it is "Amazing" for about 85% of the year, and even our "less than amazing..." could be considered "nice weather" in other places.

But the Fall that we get, I LOVE.  Every year, about this time, I start to really long for it.  I know that we have more Summer left, and that some years September is the hottest month, but once August is over I am ready for crispy cool mornings, and the trees to change. 

I was thinking about it the other day, I realized that I feel this way every season change.  The last month of cold, I am ready for hot...And then I started to realize that I feel this way about a lot of things not just the seasons, when it was just Dave & I, I wanted a to be pregnant, 3rd Trimester came and I was done being pregnant and wanted the baby now...I long for a change and something different instead of enjoying where I am at. I know that part of this normal, and everybody feels this way.  We all need to be a bit uncomfortable so we are willing to move on.  But, we are also called to contentment, and to be thankful and rejoice in the Lord always. So this year I am going to do my best enjoy the end of summer, and not rush on.  I know that there will be plenty of crisp mornings and evenings very soon, so I am going to enjoy the sun baking on my head for next few weeks, and rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment