Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Home

Dave and I just got back from a 5 day, 4 night trip to Cabo San Lucas.  That is our "spot" to vacation.  Dave has been going there with his dad since he was a boy.  That is where Dave took me for our honeymoon, and we've been back 3 or 4 times since.  This time we left the kids at home.  It is the first real childless trip we have taken in 5 years.  We needed it, and it was perfect.  Some friends went with us, and while it had the potential to make the trip awkward, it was a lot of fun.  Dave and Ali (short for Alister) went fishing, which is something that Dave has been wanted to do since we where on honeymoon, but he did not want to go by himself and I did not want to with him. Amber & I stayed at the condo and watched "Friends", which is always my idea of a perfect day...sitting and doing nothing.  Each day was great combination of doing stuff, and doing nothing. 

So now we are home, and real life starts again.  I have to get caught up on porterbrook, and prepare for the residential.  We also have to get ready for Christmas.  But I am excited for those things, and feel rested enough to take them on.   And it is so nice to see my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment