Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer...

This is Seth's last week of pre-school.  I have about 2 and half months before he starts Kindergarten.  I am excited and sad at the same time.  I really can't believe that he is 5, but at the same time it feels like forever ago that he was a baby.  Weird how time is like that.  I am nervous for him.  I don't have great memories of school, the first few year...although Kindergarten was not bad.  Dave did not have a great time is school either...although for more academic reasons than social ones.   

I keep telling myself that Seth is a different person, and his story will be different.  Also nothing is permanent.  If this school does not work, for whatever reason, we can change.  Also, I have to remember that I can not protect him from life.  He is going to have to deal with $%*! his whole life.  And Dave and I can be there to give guidance and wisdom, but at some point he is going to have to learn how to deal on his own.  Most of all, I keep telling myself that God is faithful.  The stuff that Dave and I went thru sucked.  But we are here now, and we learned from it.  God continues to work in us.  I have to know that God is going to care for Seth more completely than I ever could. 

So until he starts we are going to enjoy our summer.  Beach play days start next week,  and Dave and I are looking into taking the kids camping sometime this summer.  And we finally requested a key to the neighbourhood pool, so we can swim anytime this summer. 

I am going to enjoy these last days before my world shifts, and I am going to trust that God has good things in store for next year, for both Seth and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment