Tuesday, May 11, 2010

California Weather

Today is the kind of day that makes me so glad to live in California. 71 degrees, blue, blue sky, and a breeze that is somewhere between gentle and wind...I love it. I wonder if/when I live somewhere else if I will fall in love with or at least learn to love the weather there, or will I always be longing for CA. I suppose a lot of that is going to depend on me and how I choose to approach the things that are going to be different. But at the same time I know that no matter how are you try to find the good, and be thankful and enjoy change, there are always going to be things to miss.

I do love the weather here though. I love that now that we are 20 minute from the beach it really never gets above the high 90's, and that it pretty much always cools off in the evening with a breeze. I loves that it rains just enough to enjoy, but not so much that you feel like you are floating away (most years anyway). I love that except for odd weird weather pattern, we don't have much humidity. I love that my roses bloom almost all year round.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny-- Jeremy and I were outside yesterday, and I said, "You know what this weather is like? California." It was right in the mid seventies, low humidity, with a beautifully cool breeze. I love the weather here in Spring, and in Fall, and I love the storms of Summer and the snow and wind of Winter, but I miss the weather in California still, and probably always will.

    ReplyDelete