A place for me to record my (sometimes random) thoughts and insights on life, and all the other stuff that goes on in my head.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
So the story writing is not going so well. I started it last week, wrote about a page and half, not then nothing. I think the problem is that I don't know what I want to happen...what the conflict will be, what the feel of the story should be, etc. I saw the first sceen in my head, and I liked the feel, the idea, the world that it implyed, but putting it on paper and all that went away. So I am not sure what I am going to with it. I might start it again...I don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That same thing happens to me every time I try to write fiction... it all starts so well and then so quickly fizzles out. I never know if I need to push through or give it up.... I always give up.
ReplyDeletefunny, I actually have a story in my head right now. I have been playing with it there --- I can't seem to give myself time to put in on a computer screen. I realized as I was thinking that I could...almost...write an outline: beginning, middle, and well some idesas for end. But I have a hero and a villian, conflict, events and a "why" I will try to put something down so you can comment and help me ~ K ... after finals week.
ReplyDeleteI have actually started a book. Even have the first chapter written, but that is as far as I've been able to get. I think I've been bummed because the first book didn't do anything. I think I've sold barely over 10 coppies in two years. Layne keeps telling me that a writer writes regardless of weather anyone reads it or not.... Maybe I'm not a writer!
ReplyDelete