Monday, June 7, 2010

Two Year olds - Delightful as they drive you mad!


Today I have thoroughly enjoyed Seth, and he has (actually currently is, by crying in his bed when I put him...I thought we were over that) driven me CRAZY.

We have a game that he loves...we play baby. One of us wraps up in a blanket and is the "baby" and then the other one rocks and tickles and takes care of the baby. Seth thinks it is great, he tells me "mommy baby". Today when I was the baby I told him that he need to get some food for the baby, so he went to the kitchen. I could tell that he was thinking about what he should do, then he pretended to get something off the counter and brought it back to me to eat. I think that is the first time he has done something like that. It was neat to see him figure it out. Also today, he was trying to open the front door, so I went to see what he was doing, and he told me "King Doctor". King is one of his cars (from the movie CARS), and he had an owie and needed to go to the doctor. So cute, and so neat to watch him growing and learning.

However part of the that growing and learning is that he gets into EVERYTHING...follow after him saying "don't touch", "put that back"...OI! Honestly I tell him "Sethy! STOP TOUCHING EVERYTHING" at least twice a day...and more if we go anywhere new. It is hard cause I don't want to say "no" just to say "no", but that is easier sometimes.

But tonight while I was rocking him and singing to him, he sang along. It was so sweet, it melted my heart...and then when I put him in his bed he started crying...screaming in fact...that is what my day is like in a nutshell - Delightful and Maddening.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! It's all coming back to me. Don't know if I'm ready to do it all over again!!

    ReplyDelete