Monday, June 13, 2011

A year of changes

That is what this year has been, and we are only half way through. It started in January when Dave's job changed, then Lucy was born, and now we are getting ready to move. 3 completely different situations, all of them are high on the list major stress-causing things, and all of them happening at the same time. The hard part has been that every time I feel like I have my feet under me, and I have adjusted to something, it changes...or something new pops up for me to get my head around. First it was Dave's new schedule, then we were going to sell the house, then his Uncle wanted it, then he didn't, then his other Uncle did...but not for a number that would work...then I had a baby
And then his Uncle did not want the house after all, and we ended up where we started selling the house. Add into that the two weeks before Lucy was born I was on edge cause expected her to be early and she wasn't...she was only two days past my due date, but emotionally I had decided that she was going to be born at like 39 weeks, so she felt really late to me. And Seth turned 3, which when added to the fact that he was still adjusting to having a sister has meant that he has been a challenge...

So as I sit here now, the house is in escrow...that is a whole long story on it's own...and we are meeting with our potential landlord on Saturday, and it feels like we are almost done...

I am trying to get to far ahead of myself, the escrow still has to go thru, and I still have to pack and move...but I am beginning to hope that by next month I will be able breathe, and that maybe just maybe the second half of the year will be about settling into the changes, instead of just trying to keep up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment