Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Farmer's Market

One of the cool things about where we live is that Birch st is a block away, and every Tuesday they have a Farmer's Market. Tuesday nights, after dinner we walk down and hang out. The first couple of weeks we did not really buy anything...then we just got fruit. They have amazing peaches. And this week we got adventurous and tried new things...purple carrots and green plums. Also I had a "farmer's market" moment...we bought green chillies and figs not because we needed them or had a plan for them, but because they were beautiful. That is what people always talk about...going to the market and letting the produce speak to you...buying something lovely and making a plan, instead of having a plan and buying to match it. It has taken a while, but we did it...now I just have to figure out what to do with the green plums.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love doing that very thing. Sometimes I forget about what I got and let it die in the fridge... sometimes I try something new and it very much does not work out... and sometimes it's wonderful, like when we found the asian pear. :-) As far as the plums go, a pie can always take care of it!

    ReplyDelete