Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lucy & Sleep

The don't seem to mix. Her naps are 45 minutes, on a really good day she might sleep 1 1/2 hrs. She rarely sleeps in the car...and pretty much always wakes up as soon as the car stops. We just, as in the last week, got her to start sleeping 8+ hrs at night. And just when I thought I had her in a good pattern, tonight she wakes up after 3 hrs, and did not resettle herself...I had to go in twice...in fact she is still whining... This is really unusual. She goes to bed at 5:30, and even when she was waking 2 times a night, she slept till 11 or 12...It is strange. I feel like at the beginning we had fewer hard nights with her...she got her days and nights sorted out a lot faster then Seth did, and learned to go to sleep on her own a lot faster...but this sleeping thru the night thing...feels like it is harder...maybe not she has night cried for 45 minutes + that Seth did, when we were sleep training him.

Some day she will sleep...she maybe a teenager...but she will sleep.

1 comment:

  1. last time, as I recall, she was teething. I think that Lucy isn't 'random'... that is, I think there may be some reason ~ albeit invisible to her wonderful, very wise and excellent Mom. Pray and ask and listen. I am so sorry cuz this mean lots of frustration for you, but my "spirit" tells me there is a reason ... dreams, teeth coming in again, some noise that she heard, discomfort of some kind...

    (yes I mean every word of my description of Lucy's mom . . . and there is NO sarcasm ... and IF you feel like even trying to argue with that description of my daughter ... go ahead, try telling your mom that she is liar...)

    ReplyDelete