A place for me to record my (sometimes random) thoughts and insights on life, and all the other stuff that goes on in my head.
Friday, December 23, 2011
Santa is coming to town
I love getting to experience Christmas thru Seth. It has put so much joy back into the holiday for me. It is also teaching me about faith. Seth's belief in Santa is absolute. Last year he asked for a lightning McQueen bike, and there was no maybe, no wait and see. That was what Santa was going to bring. Which meant that Dave and I had to make it happen...(we did, and it was great). The strength of his assurance has stayed with me all year. It is a very vivid picture of "faith like a child". When I look at it, I ask myself, do I believe in anything that way? For him it is so simple, dad and mom told me this, so it is true, so this is what is going to happen. it should be that way with me, my heavenly Father told me this, so it is true, so it is going to happen. But all to often I find myself caught up in the what if's of life looking at everything but my fathers' eyes. I want to be like Seth;I want to believe in Santa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment