A place for me to record my (sometimes random) thoughts and insights on life, and all the other stuff that goes on in my head.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
SHHHHHHH! it is a secret!!!
My brother is proposing to his Girlfriend tonight. It is exciting and strange all at the same time. Ed and Jesse have been dating since the end of September, and he has been planning this night since October...so in a way it is all happening very fast. But also, they have been friends and a part of each other's lives for years now, so really it is just the natural timing of two lives being drawn closer by God. However you look at it, it is beautiful. But what is really strange is how sad I am. Not about Jesse joining the family, I love her, and she is perfect for Ed. I am sad because my relationship with Ed has to change. Now I know that our relationship already went thru this type of change once before, when I got married. But because I was the one getting married, I did not feel the the change, for me it was the best of both worlds...I got Ed as a friend, Dave as husband, and they got to be friends too...what was there to be sad about. I now understand how Ed felt. I miss him already. Yeah, he still talks to me about stuff, but already there are things that he would have come tome about, that he has gone to Jesse with. It is right and good that he did...but it made me see that I have been moved around in order of priority in his life. Here is the thing, I know that it is right! I have spent five, almost six years moving the priorities in my heart around, leaving and cleaving. I guess I just did not understand how much other people felt the leaving part. I am trying hard to look ahead to the new family that will grow out of their coming together. I know it is going to be great...and Ed and I will build a new friendship based on us both being married. So, tonight I am going to be happy for Ed and Jesse, and rejoice with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment