I keep hoping that life is going to slow down. I say to myself and Dave, as soon as ____________ is done, then we will have time. Except, it never happens. If we have a weekend where we don't have 3 things going on, we add something. Our schedule seems to be a constant game of Tetris, moving time-slots to fit perfectly. That is what this last weekend was. Dave took Seth away on Friday. They came back lunchtime Saturday, just in time for us to set everything up for Seth's party. And then yesterday was Mother's Day. Instead of trying to do something both our moms, Dave and I decided to have a quiet day just us. Dave me breakfast in bed. We went to second service so we would not have to rush. Then we came home, Dave made lunch, we watched a movie while Lucy napped. When she woke up we went to Seal Beach to walk on pier. It was a perfect day.
As I look at it, I am realizing that we can't wait for life to slow down. It is not going to. We just have to make time and space for the things that we would do if we "had time". Things like quiet Sundays and date nights. They are not just going to happen.
Jer 12:5 says "If you have raced with men of foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?"
So that is what we are doing then. Learning to run in safe country, so we can manage the thickets....
No comments:
Post a Comment