Friday, October 13, 2017

Seth

My baby is 9 😭😭😭😭😭

It is so hard to remember that he used to be small (ok he was never really "small"), but he was small to me. I look at pictures of him as a baby and it blows my mind.  The years that it was just him and me all day long seems to far away, and short.  In the middle of them, it seemed like forever.

That is the way time works though, right?  Whatever season you are in feels like the only season, with no beginning and no ending, and then it changes...sometimes you don't even notice the change. You just look back and suddenly the baby you spent hours rocking, and then hours teaching to sleep in their own, is 9 and reading Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.

Before I had kids, I spent a lot of time babysitting and teaching in Children's church. I was an aid at a preschool my senior year of high school.  Babies! Toddlers! They are my jam! When Seth was born I really wondered about what I going to do when he got bigger.  I was never really around kids older than 4. I wondered how I would relate. Would I like older kids? Would they like me?

Older kids are awesome! 

Seth and I talk about deep stuff. We enjoy books together. He can do chores!!! (It is so awesome to be able to tell the kids to pick up the living room and then have them do it! Chores are the best!!!)

Seth is also taking band this year at school.  He choose the trumpet.  Oi! I know that it will get better as he goes along, but man I feel bad for the band teacher who has to listen to all the new kids play together.

I am actually really starting to look forward to him getting older, and growing in our friendship.




No comments:

Post a Comment